Consultant for Pediatricians Vol 3 No 8

Foreign Bodies

September 08, 2010

A 9-year-old boy was brought to the emergency department (ED) by his mother after he managed to lodge 2 magnets in his nose. He had been playing with connecting magnets from 2 body lights and wanted to see what would happen if he placed one of the magnets in his nose and the opposing magnet on the outside. By moving the outside magnet, he was able to move the inside magnet up and down in his right nostril.

Two-Year-Old With Burned Hand

September 01, 2004

A 2-year-old boy was broughtto the emergency department(ED) with a burned hand.His mother reported that immediatelyafter the burn, sheplaced the injured hand undercold water. Soon after, a friendtransported the family to theED.