OR WAIT 15 SECS
Crossword puzzle on subject of vomiting
1. Reswallowing of regurgitated material after it has been mouthed or chewed.
2. Ten percent of children with cystic fibrosis exhibit this condition in the neonatal period (two words).
3. Bacterium that causes inflammation of mesenteric lymph nodes and clinically mimics appendicitis (two words).
4. Most common complication of gastroesphageal reflux.
5. Arching of the spine and turning of the neck associated with reflux is referred to as _________ syndrome.
6. Radiologic finding in newborns with duodenal atresia (two words).
8. Nonbilious projectile vomiting in a 1- to 2-month-old infant is a sign of this condition (two words).
9. Most common symptom of gastroesophageal reflux in the first year of life.
10. Abdominal distension, bilious vomiting, and bloody stools, most common in preterm newborns, characterize the clinical picture in this condition (acronym).
11. Syndrome in which forceful retching or vomiting may cause a small linear tear of the mucosa at the gastroesophageal junction (two words).
12. Constellation of vomiting, lethargy, seizures, or coma is seen in disorders of this type.
13. Common medical cause of nonbilious vomiting in the first year of life.
14. Repeated episodes of severe vomiting between intervals of normal health are considered this type of vomiting.
Hanan Tanuos. All about vomiting. Contemporary Pediatrics 2001;7:127.