OR WAIT null SECS
1. As much of this part of the breast as possible should be in the breastfeeding baby's mouth.
2. The posterior lobe of the pituitary gland releases this hormone.
3. Reflex triggered by the sight, smell, or touch of the baby (two words).
4. This anatomical structure contains nerve endings that signal the brain to release lactation hormones.
5. A device that has been shown to decrease frequency and duration of exclusive breastfeeding.
6. Acronym for an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant.
7. Breast pumps are sometimes helpful with this condition (two words).
8. A baby with this metabolic disorder should not be fed human milk.
9. This nursery policy appears to increase mother-baby time and breastfeeding rates (two words).
10. This condition is marked by severe inflammation of breast tissue.
11. Breastfeeding's Dr. Ruth (two words).
12. The principal carbohydrate in human milk.
13. These structures secrete sebum for lubrication (two words).
14. If done correctly, this maneuver maximizes comfort for mother and successful feeding for baby.
15. The anterior lobe of the pituitary gland releases this hormone.
16. Mammary glandular tissue extending into the axillary region, this projection is called the Tail of______.
17. Stretching, rooting, sucking on fingers, hand-to-mouth motions, and rapid eye movements are all examples of these (two words).
18. Giving this to new mothers undermines breastfeeding.
19. The name for skin-to-skin care, delivered 24 hours a day, for premature infants.
20. Breastfeeding experts now recommend this type of feeding instead of relying on clocks.
21. A condition generally relieved by breastfeeding more often, warm compresses, or a warm shower.
22. Synthetic form of oxytocin.
23. This organization recommends exclusive breastfeeding for about six months of life, continuing to a year or beyond, with the addition of complementary foods when the infant is about 6 months old (acronym).
24. A designation by the World Health Organization- United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund for hospitals that fulfills the "Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding" (two words).
25. This process refers to the production of milk.
26. Being positioned skin to ______ during the first hour of life increases breastfeeding rates.
27. A breast fluid that is rich in fat and antibodies.
Barbara Philipp. Clinician's Crossword: The milky way.