OR WAIT null SECS
Most of the articles were chosen for their basic interest to the general pediatrician.
Here it is-Dr Michael G Burke's annual choice of the 10 best articles he reviewed in Journal Club during the past 12 months. Most of the articles were chosen for their practical interest to general pediatricians, but the list also contains a small dose of basic science. The articles are listed chronologically by publication date in Contemporary Pediatrics. Head to http://www.contemporarypediatrics.com/ to read the summaries and commentaries.
1. How much has PCV reduced radiographic pneumonia?
Rutman MS, et al. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2009;25(1):1-7 (March 2009)
2. Drinking water lowers total caloric intake
Wang YC, et al. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009;163(4):336-343 (June 2009)
4. New tool simplifies hypertension screening
Kaelber DC, et al. Pediatrics. 2009;123(6);e972-e974 (August 2009)
5. Parents expect to be greeted by name
Amer A, et al. Clin Pediatr. 2009;48(7):720-722 (October 2009)
6. Media use affects the BMI-SES connection
Morgenstern M, et al. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009;163(8):731-738 (October 2009)
7. Spinosad tops permethrin for killing lice
Stough D, et al. Pediatrics. 2009;124:e389-e395 (November 2009)
8. Text messaging improves medication adherence in transplant patients
Miloh T, et al. Pediatrics. 2009;124(5):e844-e850 (January 2010)
9. Investigation suggests molecular cause of inflammatory bowel disease
Glocker EO, et al. N Engl J Med. 2009;361(21):2033-2045 (January 2010)
10. "Back to sleep" gains have reached plateau
Colson ER, et al. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009;163(12):1122-1128 (February 2010)