OR WAIT null SECS
Contemporary Pediatrics presents an on-demand webinar with pediatric experts that addresses the multitude of concerns arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
On April 9, 2020, Contemporary Pediatrics hosted the webinar “COVID-19: Priorities for Pediatric Practice,” which was moderated by Jeff Prescott, PharmD, Senior Vice President, Clinical Communications, MJH Life Sciences, and presented by faculty Drs. Tina Q. Tan, Editor-in-Chief, Contemporary Pediatrics, and Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University and Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Illinois, and Andrew J. Schuman, Section Editor, Practice Improvement, and Editorial Advisory Board member, Contemporary Pediatrics, and Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth, Lebanon, New Hampshire. The purpose of the webinar was to provide insights to pediatric providers on managing their practice during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Covered topics included:
· Impact on pediatric practice and American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations.
· Overview of COVID-19 in the United States and data from China regarding pediatric cases of COVID-19.
· Implementation of telehealth services.
· Personal protective equipment and addressing shortages.
· Surviving the financial hardship for the pediatric practice.
· How to manage the pediatric patient with suspected COVID-19.
· What’s to come with the pandemic.
After their presentation, the faculty addressed many relevant questions from the audience.
The webinar is now available on-demand here.