In honor of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Awareness Month, we revisit some of this year’s top SIDS articles.
5. This week from the AAP: updated infant sleep recommendations.
This week, the American Academy of Pediatrics(AAP) updated their safe sleep recommendations and released the 2022 bright futures/AAP periodicity schedule for preventive pediatric health care. In part 1, we focus on the updates in sleep recommendations. Read more.
4. Behavioral sleep stage classification methods need further development
Behavioral sleep stage classification methods were found to share categories among one another but have lacking evidence of validity and reliability. Read more.
3. First Candle launches program to promote safe sleep in infants
First Candle’s “Let’s Talk Community Chats” program has launched with the goal of increasing safe sleep in infants to combat sudden unexpectant infant death (SUID). Read more.
2. Preventing childhood injury in the home
At the 2022 AAP National Conference & Exhibition, 2 physicians offer sobering statistics on childhood deaths from sleep, guns, and ATVs, and how to best prevent these accidents. Read more.
1. AAP: Don’t let babies sleep in sitting devices
Alone, on its back, in a crib. That’s the only safe place for an infant to sleep. New data say why car safety seats are not included. Read more.