- Novavax's COVID-19 vaccine for ages 12 and up received FDA authorization.
- The vaccine is updated to address the omicron variant (XBB.1.5, 2023-2024 formula).
- Eligible individuals can receive 1 dose if previously vaccinated or unvaccinated with updated mRNA vaccine; unvaccinated individuals can receive 2 doses.
- Nonclinical data showed protection against various circulating variants, including omicron subvariants.
- The vaccine is protein-based, non-mRNA, and the only option of its kind in the United States.