OR WAIT 15 SECS
Here is Dr. Michael Burke’s choice of the 10 most helpful articles he reviewed for Journal Club in Contemporary Pediatrics during the past 12 months.
Here is Dr. Michael Burke’s choice of the 10 most helpful articles he reviewed for Journal Club in Contemporary Pediatrics during the past 12 months:
1. Is increased fructose consumption tied to obesity? Page KA, et al. JAMA. 2013;309(1):63-7 (March 2013)
2. Adolescent ADHD has major negative effect on adult functioning. Brook JS, et al. Pediatrics. 2013;131(1):5-13 (March 2013)
3. A new technique facilitates collection of infant urine samples. Herreros Fernández ML, et al. Arch Dis Child. 2013;98(1):27-29 (March 2013)
4. Exercise has positive effects on children with ADHD. Pontifex MB, et al. J Pediatr. 2013;162(3):543-551 (May 2013)
5. Almost half of teenaged drivers text when behind the wheel. O’Malley Olsen E, et al. Pediatrics. 2013;131(6):e1708-e171 (August 2013)
6. Knowing limited English affects ED care. Gallagher RA, et al. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2013;29(5):579-583 (August 2013)
7. Pediatric practices can successfully deliver parental smoking interventions. Winickoff JP, et al. Pediatrics. 2013;132(1):109-117 (September 2013)
8. Parents want to know risks of head CT imaging. Boutis K, et al. Pediatrics. 2013;132(2):305-311 (October 2013)
9. Narrow-spectrum and broad-spectrum antibiotics effective for inpatient pneumonia. Williams DJ, et al. Pediatrics. 2013;132(5):e1141-e1148 (January 2014)
10. Insights into racial differences in vitamin D levels. Powe CE, et al. N Engl J Med. 2013;369(21):1991-2000 (February 2014)
Ms Freedman is a freelance medical editor and writer in New Jersey. Dr Burke, section editor for Journal Club, is chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at Saint Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland. He is a physician contributing editor for Contemporary Pediatrics. The editors have nothing to disclose in regard to affiliations with or financial interests in any organizations that may have an interest in any part of this article.